Monday, April 22, 2019

CCW Reciprocity confusion between TN/WA.


So, I grew up in TN and once had a CHL 15 years ago but let it lapse because I wasn't comfortable carrying in my early 20's. I moved to WA in 2013 and recently got my CPL here, but now I'll be moving back to TN. Fortunately TN has fast turn around time on their CHL's (7-14 days from reading posts here) but would really like to be covered until that comes through. For the longest time, TN honored WA permits via their reciprocity standings and both of the main CCW sites say they still do -- but TN.gov's website says they don't but offers no other information.My guess is that's because in early 2017, TN passed a bill allowing 18-20 year old active duty members to obtain a CHL and WA strictly forbids this, which cancels their reciprocity with TN -- and as such, TN no longer honors WA's CPL. Because of this, I won't be testing my luck in TN which is frustrating.My main question is; does anyone here, familiar with TN reciprocity have more information on this issue? If I can't find any help I may reach out to the TN AG just to dig a bit, but I suspect I won't get the verification I need before I move (5 weeks + 2 weeks for the new permit) anyway, so I'm just curious. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Guy0Qg

No comments:

Post a Comment