Monday, November 13, 2023

When someone is in your car door, what to do?

Tonight I had quite a fright. I'm 5'5 female. Tonight I left my apartment building and an over 6 foot man followed me out the door, and all the way to my car. When I went to get in my car he blocked me from shutting the door, and leaned into my car jabbering at me. He was unhinged and thinking he met Jesus today or something, and seemed mentally unwell. I was terrified. Luckily he did not harm me. He was just telling me this story about meeting Jesus today and gave him a ride and he's coming back for us or whatever. I put on my seat belt and put my keys in the ignition and started the car, thinking if I had to I'd back out with the door still open even if he was there. Luckily he stepped back and let me go and I slammed the door shut and locked the doors. I was very shaken by this as being a lone woman walking to her car in the dark is kinda terrifying. Would it have been inappropriate to use something in self defense like mace in this instance? What should i have done? He apparently lives in my building, and in the end did not hurt me. But I want to be more prepared because things happen. I'm thinking I need to be more aware, and maybe learn some self defense, just for the future. Frankly I froze because I didn't know WHAT to do. I realized how vulnerable I was being in a dark parking lot by myself. I tried to post elsewhere but got no response. I am thinking I need to learn some basic self defense?



Submitted November 14, 2023 at 01:17AM by Sensitive-Rope3231 https://ift.tt/RPMaNhp

No comments:

Post a Comment