Thursday, November 2, 2023

Road rage situations?

I have my way of handling this, which is to essentially stop/pull over the vehicle and wait for the offender to clear out. I have been in many of these instances, and this has virtually always worked. However, I do have my concerns about if the person gets out of their car and approaches. In this case, I would leave my windows shut and dial 911, but I am wondering if there is anything more I can do. Brandishing a firearm seems like an unwanted/unnecessary escalation unless the person starts banging on the car/trying to break in. Obviously pepper spray could work if I exit the car and stand my ground, but I would think staying inside the car would generally be the safer option. I am in a stand-your-ground state, do not own a firearm, and frankly do not wish to, as I think they only increase the likelihood that things can get out of hand. I'm wondering if anyone has any intelligent, strategic, ideally non-violent ways of dealing with this kind of situation, other than what I've already outlined.



Submitted November 02, 2023 at 05:42PM by Fine-Economy-2186 https://ift.tt/q8OUMLS

No comments:

Post a Comment