Tuesday, November 21, 2023

How do I fix my mindset for self defence?

Pretty much I'm never mentally ready to fight when I need to be, because it's always the other man who starts it and I'm always either confused why they're starting it and trying to do the maths or processing the appropriate reaction to what's happening in front of me. I used to overreact to everything and get in fights at any opportunity, now my first reaction in an intense situation is for my body to go ultra calm and chill, I don't know why I started doing this, but it's really unhelpful.

For example; the other day a homeless man approached me while I was getting cash out of the ATM saying he was going to kill himself and he needs me to listen immediately, I was immediately uncomfortable with how close he was to me as he got up right in my face while I was withdrawing money, so I told him to back off because he's too close. He immediately started freaking out and following me around shouting "YOU WANT ME TO CALL THE FUCKING POLICE ON YOU?" A guy behind me heard this and came up to me and wrapped me up trying to subdue me , obviously thinking that because the homeless man was threatening to call the police then I must have been the aggressor in that situation and he was doing a good thing by stopping me. What did I do? Absolutely nothing. I let him wrap me up but the homeless man told him to let me go so he could continue to harass me himself.

Why did I do nothing? Because it happend so fast and I'm not used to suddenly going from 0 and being chill and content to 100 where I'm fighting for my life. I guess I'm imaging that if I'm freaking out I'm not gonna be able to manage the situation, but I literally let a guy put his hands on me.

How can I mentally learn to overcome this?



Submitted November 21, 2023 at 09:45PM by Fit_Specific4658 https://ift.tt/cHY89Ts

No comments:

Post a Comment