Thursday, July 7, 2022

Does anyone know of a good way/holster to conceal carry with a chest holster while backpacking?


As an avid solo hiker and backpacker in the United States who likes to test my limits by going as remote as possible, I have always wished there was a way to carry my pistol on a chest holster without it being the first thing other hikers see when we pass each other on the trail.My pack has the waist and chest straps because I carry a lot of weight over long distances. It’s not conducive to other kinds of holsters.Usually, I keep the pistol in my pack, but I’ve been starting to venture out into grizzly country as of late. I’m not confident that keeping it in my pack will be sufficient if a mamma bear with her cubs catches my scent and comes after me out of nowhere.I also carry bear spray, but as others on this subreddit might understand, I want a second contingency in case of equipment failure or a really really angry grizz.My bear gun is a Springfield XD-M® ELITE 4.5″ OSP™ 10MM HANDGUN.What do you think? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/NwUZ4JQ

No comments:

Post a Comment