Thursday, July 28, 2022

I feel like I unlocked a secret cheat code involving concealed carry.


So recently I visited a nationally recognized museum, which I won’t mention here in case they don’t want these non-public policies published. When I visited the museum, I knew ahead of time that CC wasn’t allowed, but I’ve gotten away with it before at this same museum and I really wanted to have my weapon on me for the walk to and from the car (I live in a dangerous city).Walking up to the museum, they have a huge sign in red about no knives or guns and lots of words. Not wanting to read all the specifics, I walked right in and saw they had upgraded their security from two guys with metal detecting wands. Last time they wanded my pocket and I convinced the guy it was “just my pocket knife” and showed him the knife. Not the case this time.I walked through the metal detector and of course it went off. I was motioned over to the security guy behind a desk. Walking over I opened my nervous mouth with “I think my little pocket knife set it off.” Not helping my nerves, I looked to the left and saw a video of myself walking through the detector and a 3-D wire-frame box highlighting exactly where I had my CCW.“Sir is there anything in your waistband that I need to know about?”Knowing that they know, “I’m sorry I didn’t see your policy. I’d be happy to leave now. Don’t want any issues.”“Oh no sir. There are no issues. As long as you can show me your concealed permit everything is fine.”I reluctantly handed him my permit, because the security guard could have been lying and now he’s got my information and could call the authorities. Instead, he proceeds to write down my information, calls in my physical description over the radio, hands me back my CCL and says, “enjoy your time at the museum!”Just for background, I decided to carry at the museum because I believe mass shooters are targeting areas with seemingly low security and lots of people. So in my mind I want the ability to stand a chance against an active shooter in a place where I think it’s more likely to happen.TL;DR Public policy at a museum is no firearms. Secret policy is you’re allowed to concealed carry if you have your permit. I took a risk and it paid off. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/DY7yb9Z

No comments:

Post a Comment