Sunday, September 12, 2021

Wondering why I don't see more mentions of the SmartCarry on this subreddit - is there something I'm missing?


I've had my CCW since February but I still am not carrying. I have to wear button up shirt tucked into nice pants with a tie 5x a week for the entire work day. I'm walking around, driving, sitting, traveling and things like that. There's no way I can have a clip on my belt. I've tried a few different kydex inside the waistband holsters (vedder, t-rex and alien gear) but I can never get remotely comfortable with it. It seems that I'm worrying about printing, coupled with having to live with this piece of plastic jutting against my gut for the rest of my life....makes me not want to hear a holster period. I don't know how you guys do it, I am a guy with a tad bit of a gut but nothing crazy and i just can't do it without feeling uncomfortable as fuck and knowing that one of my eagle-eyed family/friends/co-workers will notice. The goal is nobody except you redditors, my girlfriend, and my gun buddy will ever know for the rest of my life that I am carrying.My gun buddy came over and we were talking and I mentioned all of this to him and he was like "dude i have the perfect thing" and took out his smartcarry that he was wearing. I was skeptical as fuck....I gotta wear a fucking fanny pack for the rest of my life? But when I put it on and zipped up my pants, you literally could not see the gun. Period. And when I adjusted it just a bit, I could walk, run, squats, any range of motion and barely notice that it's there.He invited me to talk my dog wearing it so I did and I felt comfortable enough to spend $60 to try it out with my p365xl + holosun + light.After a few weeks it came in my mail and in the first thing I did was slide it in the holster to check how exposed the trigger well was (not exposed at all. I then took a pen and screw driver and did everything i possible could to pull the trigger and after a few minutes i couldnt. I tried bunching up the material as much as possible and did everything I could to create any kind of environment where the bunched up smartcarry fabric + a screwdriver would make the trigger get pulled - and i couldn't. (i made sure to empty the gun of course beforehand).So I started wearing it and after 3 days, I am hooked on it. It easily comes on/off at the end of the day. I'm practicing my draw and i can get to it quicker than I thought especially with practice. I asked my gun friend why more people don't use these kinds of holsters and he said "because nobody knows about them".I've seen smartcarry mentioned on this subreddit through the search function a few times, but most of the comments only mention it in passing and are dating from 5+ years ago.I am thinking of getting a 'mic holster' trigger gaurd to put in there so that there is SOME kind of kydex covering the trigger but I feel really safe about it. Also, the gun isn't pointed at my body but is pointed more at the floor (and my feet which is my body but not my groin lol).Not a shill, just really enjoying this smartcarry and wanted to see all of your thoughts on it if you have any via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3txL7Zb

No comments:

Post a Comment