Monday, September 20, 2021

Reality Check: I almost made big mistake


Complacency in routine can get you in trouble REAL fast. I hold myself to a high standard and expect others to do the same when something as dangerous as firearms / cars / open flames are involved.I'm a habitual dry fire practitioner and maybe about 2 to 4x a week I do a few hundred repetitions with a snap cap in my ccw. Switching out the snap cap forces me to check for the orange color tip before I start practicing.One night a few weeks ago I had cracked open a beer and about halfway through thought about dry fire practice. I un-holstered, pulled the mag, and unchambered the round. I was about to pull the trigger to disassemble, but luckily I caught myself (even though I had verified the chamber was clear). I don't think I would have had any NDs since I drink real slow, but that's not an excuse. This is definitely how people end up in the hospital or jail.Respect the gun and don't get complacent. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2VWW0Hz

No comments:

Post a Comment