Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Jesus fucking Christ, don't leave your gun in your car.


I work security for a pair of hotels (owned by the same company, right next to each other, two different price points), and the amount of guns we've had stolen from cars is ridiculous. There is no good fucking reason for you to leave your gun in your car when you're staying at a hotel, or even most places. Non of these dumb fucks had their guns secured, at least use a fucking lock box. Maybe if you go to the doctors and you need to leave it in the car (in a lock box) then ye ok I get it. But staying in a shitty hotel overnight when there's no reason you can't bring in is a case or a bag then that's entirely on your hamster brained ass.Now before I get "you're security, why aren't you preventing it?". It's an odd "security" job (more of a parking lot attendant that tells druggies and potential theives to fuck off), we're hired to watch over "special" guests cars and we aren't supposed to leave that area for too long. We work shifts alone and are outside without access to camera's (the night auditors watch the cameras) and even if we did have access, neither hotel has outside cameras. I do walk around the properties every hour real quick but I'm pretty sure they scope the area and watch for me before they break in. However there hasn't been a break in on my shift since I started a few months ago, pretty much all the break in happen an hour before I get to my shift.Anyway, more of a rant than anything, I'm just tired of seeing guns getting jacked from smash and grabs. My previous job was working at a gun store and I got plenty of calls asking for their serial number on their 4473 because their gun got stolen after leaving it in a car. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3nbeFLa

No comments:

Post a Comment