Thursday, September 23, 2021

I wanted your take to see if there is a better holster system I could use


Hi guys,Currently I have a P365XL which I am interested in carrying daily. My biggest concern is deep concealment - nobody can ever know I have the pistol on me except you guys, my girlfriend and my best friend who is a firearms instructor.I wear button down tucked in shirt with tie and dress pants 5 days a week. I've tried 3 different holsters (vedder, trex and alien gear) in the past. The huge problem is that even though I'm not very overweight, I do feel like the gun is jutting against my gut all day and that it's still pretty easy to tell if I have the pistol that way. I've tried carrying appendix, and different places all around my waist and not only is it extremely uncomfortable (to say the least) BUT like I said you can definitely tell I'm carrying.My building does have security and I don't live in a terrible part of town, so being able to draw immediately is not the highest priority (being totally concealed is the highest priority and being at least comfortable enough so i can live with it every day is 2nd highest priority). I cannot wear a holster which has a clip - I work with members of my family who are eagle-eyed and they would immediately notice a clip on my belt.My friend introduced me to the SmartCarry holster which is essentially like a pouch you tie around your waist. I felt uncomfortable not having any kydex, so I purchased a kydex trigger guard to put on the gun when I put the gun in the holster.The gun is absolutely invisible. There's no universe anyone can see it, ever. It's also extremely comfortable, I have full range of motion and sometimes I forget that I'm carrying it. The only downside is drawing it - I have to truly practice over and over again. And when I am in the car and sitting down... it's a bit hard to get to but nothing more than a few seconds.Wanted you take on this and to see if there is a better option out there. I keep seeing the 'phlster enigma' being talked about here, but it seems like my SmartCarry does the same thing in essence...especially because the trigger is gaurded by kydex I feel really safe.When I draw the gun, the trigger guard rips off instantly and I don't even feel it. I practice drawing nightly.Just wanted yalls take on it in your infinite reddit hivemind wisdom to see if there's a better way. Some people say that the smartcarry is bad because it has no retention, but every time I've ever drawn from it, it's allowed me to (more or less) easily take the gun out without having to wrestle with the holster. Just wanted your thoughts - thanks!TL;DR: Trying to see if there's a better system for me. 200lb male, 5'11". Wearing tucked-in button down shirt with tie and dress pants daily. Top priority is deep concealment where nobody knows I am carrying. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3u55IUS

No comments:

Post a Comment