Saturday, September 11, 2021

How to defend against having your pic taken?

A few months ago I was walking home from a friend‘s house alone. I’ve always felt safe in my town, never been harassed or catcalled until then (although several people I know have). I’m walking by this house that I think is for rent but was empty at the moment. Someone knocked on a window behind me. I turn around and this dude has something in his hand with three white lights on it. It took me a second to realize it was a phone. I wasn’t on his property, there was nobody else around, and we locked eyes. He had it pointed right at me. I ran and took the other side of the block home, just in case. My parents went to have a talk with him after I told them what happened. Nobody was home. Our friend, who used to live next door to him, said that it was most likely the landlord.

I want to know if there’s anything I could do to stop people from filming me without my permission, both from indoors like this guy, and out on the street. Should I cover my face Or something If I see the camera?



Submitted September 11, 2021 at 09:18AM by TheQueerThespian https://ift.tt/3E5xwNz

No comments:

Post a Comment