Saturday, September 11, 2021

How to control anxiety/fear response

This is something I have always struggled with, when approached by aggressive, angry individuals my anxiety goes through the roof, to the point sometimes when I think I am going to have a heart attack.

I'm not someone who seeks out trouble but I do live in a rough area where there's a lot of substance abuse and aggressive people, so from time to time I have become the subject of unwanted aggression.

I really want to take BJJ or Wrestling classes but there are none nearby.

Also, I have never actually been "hurt" as most of these situations didn't escelate past threats and the couple of times I was physically attacked I was able to physically control the attacker as I am fortunate to be of above average size and strength. But even in those situations my anxiety was going crazy and after the adrwneline wore off I thought I was having a heart attack.



Submitted September 11, 2021 at 10:32PM by Prize_Huckleberry360 https://ift.tt/3E9S7Ao

No comments:

Post a Comment