Sunday, September 5, 2021

Freezing when confronted by homeless


I am currently a college student at a large university in an inner city, inside of which there are many homeless people, some of whom are violent.Walking around the other day, I was confronted by an individual who I assume was homeless and also under the influence of some substance, and because I was walking next to a building wall, I was kind of cornered.This type of thing happened a lot in the city where I grew up, but now that I’m living on my own, it’s a much more prevalent issue.I’ve seen and heard of countless instances of violence and attacks by the homeless in this area, so I am a little concerned that something might happen.Being under the legal age, I do not yet carry a firearm, but I do carry pepper spray and have experience in combat sports/martial arts.Fortunately, I haven’t yet needed to use my tools, but I’ve noticed that every time I find myself in this situation, I tend to freeze up and not know what to say/do.Any advice? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2YkX2Oo

No comments:

Post a Comment