Friday, September 10, 2021

Close Dog Encounter


So I live in Florida. We live in a beautiful complex. No crime. Still dogs though. Recently we took the kids to the park and there was a pitbull running around off the leash on the playground so in an effort to avoid any confrontation I took the fam home. Just not worth it. Avoid conflict at all costs, right?Fast forward to today. I get home from work. Kids are bouncing off the walls so I take them to the park (kids are 5 and 2). Were there and were playing. Honda Civic pulls up which caught my attention first. So I’m keeping an eye on it. Then a German shepherd on steroids gets out. We are probably 20 yards apart at this point. Dog is on a flimsy leash and lunging at us loosing its mind. It’s owner is using all their might to hold it back so I told the kids to get up on the playground. This wasn’t a playful bark btw. I’ve had dogs including pitbulls so I’m not prejudice. This dog is trying to get everything in its path. Parking at kids. Dogs in the dog park. Now fun part. My wife decides to come join us. I see her walking towards us and the dog goes for her pulling the owner to the ground. She’s probably 30 yards from me. Hand goes to my sig at 4 o’clock. As I yell for her to keep her eyes up on the dog and yell at the owner to get the fuck out of there with that dog. She sees it and runs towards me. Luckily the owner didn’t lose its grip. But they were dragged a few feet. Managed to get to a knee and control the dog and took them inside. I would not have hesitated to protect my family in that moment. Funny part is - before I left; I said to myself maybe I won’t take the gun so I can run around more with the kids. Then I called myself a retard and took it with me.Anything like this happen to anyone else? A lot of times we think about stopping a bad guy if necessary but animals can be a more common threat than we think. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3jYRD8b

No comments:

Post a Comment