Sunday, September 5, 2021

Carry weapon dimensions vs concealability


I took a 1 on 1 session with a very accomplished shooting instructor at my gun club and he demonstrated what I thought were some good points about where I was carrying (around 3 - 3:30) being less than optimal for my body with respect to printing and also it would be easier for someone else to grab from that location if they were behind me.He recommended I move it to around 2-2:30 which does solve some of those problems but creates a couple of other ones with respect to everyday usability with my setup.I currently have a P99 (about the size of a Glock 19). I've tried a Galco summer comfort, an AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.5, and a Vedder RapidTuck and what I've found is that the barrel/bottom of the holster tends to dig into my leg when I sit down when carrying at 2-2:30 - especially when I'm in the car.This leads me to believe that I should get a smaller gun for EDC. This leads me to a couple of questions.Is a shorter 'double stack' width grip like a Glock 26 typically harder to conceal than a longer single stack grip like a p365xl?Is there a good way to know how much length reduction I'd need to not have the 'dig into my leg when driving issue' short of buying it and trying it out for a while?Does a thinner overall weapon help in terms of digging in to you at the barrel end (for example it has more 'play' to move out from your body in a given pair of pants than a thicker gun would)? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3BOOSMV

No comments:

Post a Comment