Sunday, September 19, 2021

Anxiety about confrontation

Little back story. I took karate for a couple years in highschool followed by an mma class. I'm not a very big guy. But I used to be able to step up when one of my friends was being threatened. I now have an intense fear of something bad happening.

Back in college a group of guys tried coming into our apartment to party. I yelled and pushed them out. They said they'll be back and we will regret this. The party had died down and we were all drunk watching tv. They came back pounding on our door wanting to fight. It lasted around 30 minutes of nonstop annoyance. My roommate ran to the front door swung it open threw his food and them and started yelling back. I noticed around 9 dudes with knives. So I bolted for the front door. When I opened it they were about to stab my roommate. I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him inside. Grabbed the attackers wrist and plunged the knife into the wall next to me. Leaped backward slammed the front door and locked it. This was about 7 years ago.

Ever since I can't even pay attention to whoever is being a shady character.

Some dude was keeping an eye on me and my girlfriend leaving the movie theatre. And I could tell he was scouting us. I grabbed her hand and said let's cross the street. And she didn't do anything until I called out her name and said let's go. After I said that the dude turned around the corner and walked to his car. But I just had a horrible feeling about it. And I had a huge pot of anxiety. I feel hesitation building and I'm afraid if a moment came up where I had to defend myself again id choke and get hurt in the process. I know to always avoid conflict and run if it escalates. But ever since that event in college I have a pit of fear inside me.



Submitted September 19, 2021 at 05:33PM by mattyb147 https://ift.tt/3knxAAx

No comments:

Post a Comment