Sunday, September 19, 2021

Advice concealing 5" 1911


Hey all. I've been carrying for several years, mostly 9mm compacts. I greatly enjoy my Walther PPS M2. It's my EDC.However, I have a full size 5 inch barrel Springfield 1911 Loaded that I really love shooting. I have an AlienGear cloak tuck holster for it already, same kind as I use for my Walther.I'd like to make the 1911 my EDC for a few reasons. 9mm is definitely no slouch, but I'd rather carry a more "capable" round like the 45 ACP. I also shoot my 1911 much better (giant hands here) and it points much more naturally to me.I'm looking for advice on concealing this monster. Usually I carry around the 3:30-4:00 position, but that grip loves to print. I live in Florida, so standard year round attire is always a t-shirt.Should I start doing the button up over shirt thing? Maybe try appendix carry? I've never tried appendix carry (and I'm a bigger guy) but I'd imagine doing so would make concealment much easier.Also, any recommendations on belts? I'm currently using a Bigfoot belt, and it has served me well over the years but it's starting to wear. I'd like to go with something non leather that can withstand the weight of a 1911. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3hPxjVn

No comments:

Post a Comment