Monday, June 22, 2020

Thoughts on Urban Carry G3 Holster


Let me preemptively state that this is just my opinion and if this holster works for you, then good on you.When I saw an ad online for this holster, I thought it looked like a really cool idea for comfortably carrying in any attire. This was very short lived. When I first broke it out, I used some leather conditioner and worked out the leather a little bit as recommended. After I dawned the holster, it left my leg and hips very stiff. Putting on my boots in the morning has never been such a challenge, but I will say this has gotten somewhat better since the leather has broken in, which is understandable. However, I found that in order to be able to draw the gun, I had to loosen my belt a notch in order to clear the belt line, makes sense. The problem with this is that the pistol sits below the belt line when holstered, so my belt and pants are loose throughout the day and I have on several occasions looked down to see my buckle has become unlatched from the belt (I wear a rodeo trophy buckle daily).Now for the printing. I understand that people are in their own world and oblivious to things going on around them and that they won’t notice, blah blah blah. I get it. But this holster sets up in a very conspicuous location. Let’s just say that it’s not the impression I’m trying to give anyone as I’m walking through the grocery store. Not to mention the fact that it makes me pretty much incapable of using the front right pocket of my pants, at least not without awkwardly contorting my hand around the holster.Last but not least, the functionality. I have practiced with this holster both laser training and on the range, and I do not like it. I think the draw feels clunky, awkward, and unnatural. It’s slow, man oh man is it slow. There’s is no conceivable way in my mind that this holster will allow someone to draw quickly and consistently.I had a scare just the other night driving home with my wife from a rodeo late at night. We stopped to get gas in a less than ideal neighborhood (wasn’t familiar with this area). A homeless man who was carrying a bunch of stuff stopped and dropped all his stuff at the pump behind where we were and started talking to me. I honestly couldn’t tell you what he said because I was just trying to assess the situation. I saw this man had multiple ladies purses in his hand which tells me that he probably came by them in a less than legal manner, and as he talked he kept taking a few steps closer and closer. I was mentally preparing for the worst case scenario and my first thought was about this holster and if I could reliably draw my weapon if necessary. Thankfully he walked away and we left, but it was very concerning to me that my first thought had to go to if I could trust my holster.Like I said at the top, if this holster works for you, that’s great. But for me, this holster is a novelty item that will forever live in a holster pile. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3ekGv05

No comments:

Post a Comment