Monday, June 8, 2020

Daily Commute Car Options


I’m looking for options and opinions for carrying my pistol on my commute to and from work, in my personal vehicle.I drive straight through, approximately 50 minutes, with no planned stops unless it’s for gasoline. I do have a carry permit and I generally carry IWB.Here’s the complicating factor, I am an enforcement officer in my state, I wear a badge and uniform but I am not commissioned to carry a firearm on duty or while in uniform.I’m looking for a solution that will keep my gun accessible and secure while driving, and then I can lock it in my gun box during my shift. AlienGear has a mounting bracket for a paddle holster, and I own one, but it’s not great and I’m thinking there may be something better. Nice thing about the AG mount is that you don’t have to unholster the gun to use it.I’ve looked at the magnetic mounts and that’s a non-starter for me. Only other reccomendations I’ve seen is to wedge a kydex holster between the seat and the console, but it seems like that might be problematic on the draw.I could wear my pistol from the house to the car and then unholster and lock up once I arrive at work, then redo it all again for the drive home.Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/37bghKR

No comments:

Post a Comment