Thursday, February 13, 2020

How can I convince my wife it’s safe to carry one in the chamber w/o a manual safety?


A bit of backstory: I have grown up around firearms and began carrying approximately two years ago. I have trained a fair amount with handguns, and shoot at least 2-3x per month. I have taken gun safety classes, and always use good trigger discipline. Point being: I’m not going into carrying willy-nilly. My wife did not grow up around firearms, and while she is OK with my carrying generally, is not keen on doing the same and finds them “scarier” than I do.Anyway, I (like most of you, I assume) carry with one round in the chamber. I just recently purchased a Sig P365 without a manual safety (my prior was a DA/SA hammer-fired, which I carried in condition 1). My wife has clearly stated to me she is not comfortable with me carrying with one in the chamber now that the firearm does not have a manual safety.All of this being said, how would you communicate and educate someone who was worried about carrying a chambered round without a safety? I’m having trouble. TIA via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31SK0oW

No comments:

Post a Comment