Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Working on a military installation with ccw


I have been working on base for about 5 years now, I also own my own business on the outside. I have had my cc for a while now and understand the importance of carrying every time I leave the house. Under normal circumstances I carry, however if I’m going to work and have to enter the installation I cannot carry my weapon and need to leave it locked at home. If I have a service call at night after work I’m potentially working another 3-5 hours unable to carry . I recently had an issue with a man on a bike show me his gun when I was simply waiting for him to get out of the middle of the road so I could safely pass. After that it made me wonder if there are any options for me to bring my gun on the installation, maybe by permits or forms that allow it. I haven’t found any information except the armory can store the gun but that’s active duty which I am not. Other than that leaving my truck parked outside locking up my firearm and walking in. That seems to be my only option, I wanted to reach out and see what everyone else does in this situation. I work in Virginia. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ziAfXx

No comments:

Post a Comment