Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Some observations about my Shield Arms S15 after a few months of carry


1) The finish of the magazine has held up marvelously. I still think that's its best feature (after the capacity, of course).2) After sitting for about a month and a half, I unloaded and function checked it. It didn't lock the slide on my 43X back. I opened up the magazine and stretched it out, which made it start functioning a bit better. Something to keep in mind.3) I finally bought a Shield Arms magazine release. My OEM magazine catch is entirely fine and my gun is more mangled from me removing it than it was from the S15 magazine.4) The S15 magazine fit better with the OEM magazine catch than it did with the S15 catch.5) Ejecting the S15 fees a bit less crisp with the Shield Arms magazine release.The five extra rounds are awesome, but I'm still trying to decide if 50% more capacity is worth giving up a left magazine release and the extreme comfort of the G43X loaded with only 10 rounds. The gun is almost too heel heavy with the extra rounds in the magazine. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2BwcoEB

No comments:

Post a Comment