Monday, June 8, 2020

Please help me carry better. I'm losing my mind!


Help me r/CCW, you are ACTUALLY my only hope. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to carry a handgun comfortably.While I understand that strapping a chunk of metal and polymer to yourself won't ever be "comfortable", I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. I started this journey several months ago with a Taurus G2C (I know) in an Alien Gear Shapeshift holster (I KNOW). My wife surprised me a ratcheting gun belt for Christmas, and I figured I was set for ultimate carry comfort. Not a chance.While the Shapeshift in its IWB configuration is more comfortable than its "appendix" form, it feels absolutely ungainly anywhere on my body. It never feels like it's sitting right at any "o'clock". And at any cant/angle I feel like in order to grab the gun from the holster I have to dig my claws into my pudge. I've tried all manner of pants (even larger fitting ones and stretchy bois) and none of them really makes a difference.I'm 5'11", ~215lbs (not so little around the middle) so might my extra girth have something to do with it? I even tried jacking my pants up past my navel, but with that came an ungodly amount of mooseknuckle action, so I figured I'd save that look for later.I have a Sig P365xl and a Vedder light tuck on the way, and I'm concerned that I'll still have the same issues - a bulky waistband and claw marks in my muffintop. What might I doing wrong? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Ycw4EY

No comments:

Post a Comment