Thursday, June 11, 2020

Help me carry everyday..


I have had my permit for a very long time. I rarely carry however. I want to change that, and I am again motivated to make it happen.5'9" 135# skinny, and bony.I have some GI problems, and my joints hurt sometimes without carrying. Two problems that carrying often makes worst.I have a Glock 26, with pinky extension.Lets start with the belt. I owned 2 ratcheting belts from the shaddy company that cannot be posted here. I loved the ratcheting style, with my GI problems it was truly amazing. Being able to have micro adjustments made my day so much better, carrying or not. The quality was not great. My first buckle would not stay clasped. They told me it was a manufacturing defect and sent me a new one. Same problem. I adjusted it myself to work well enough and decided to use it, because I loved the ratcheting. Both belts were ruined from normal wear in under 2 years (mostly without carrying). I don't really understand how. I have had much cheaper belts last me ten years.I also have a nylon tactical belt. This thing is bullet proof. I wore it a couple years and it is just as stiff as new. It's a bit too stiff though and not that comfortable. Also I hate how it looks. So I am looking for a new leather ratcheting gun belt. Leaning towards nexbelt. Only other option I see is RGB, and I am just not going to spend $120 on a belt. Thoughts on the nexbelt?Holsters. I have tried a couple cheap holsters here and there. Ended up with a Old Faithful hybrid holster. I carry it at 3-5 ish. It's ok, but not working for me.No matter where I put it I get joint pain. I am curious about appendix carry but this holster does not work at all for that, for me. I am trying to decide between a few options and I don't really have any idea what might work best. I cannot buy multiple holsters right now, so I am gonna be stuck with whatever I buy.Current options I am considering:Alienware shape shift - I know there is a lot of hate for them here. I see tons of great reviews, and videos. Not sure if this is all just marketing. The biggest reason I am considering this is options. I would be able to try AIWB, and OWB (concealed), as well as 3-5.Dual Clip IWB Protos-M - This seems to be popular around here and I am fairly sure would be fair more comfortable than my current holster. However I am not sure it's going to help with my joint pains.Single Clip IWB Protos-M - I am not really sure if this is a AIWB holster, but it seems like it could be. I like how minimal this holster is. I am not sure that one clip is going to keep my gun in place though. Every (cheap) single clip holster I have had before was terrible. Also not sure how well this would do at 3-5.I am open to other options. I doubt a full kydex would work for me at all. I really like the look 3/4 hybrid on the Protos. Covering both sides of the trigger with kydex. I would love to step up to level 2 retention, but I don't see many options in hybrids.I have considered getting a LCP. I can barely fit my hands on the 26 with the pinky mag though. I have never shot a smaller gun, but I don't think it would work well for me. On the other hand, any gun is better than no gun because carrying the 26 hurts me.I have looked at and read / watched reviews on so many holsters. I really don't like not being able to see a product in person before buying, but don't see much way around that.Going to order a belt, and a new holster very soon. Just cannot decide what. Sorry for the wall of text. I would love to hear what you all think. Thanks in advance. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3hfBxUe

No comments:

Post a Comment