Tuesday, March 3, 2020

First outing: 500-rounds, Shield S15 Magazines


TL; DR: 400 rounds FMJ and 100 rounds HST fired with zero malfunctions.I ordered two Shield S15 mags when they were in stock on 2/7. Shipped 2/13, received 2/16.I finally got out to the range this weekend with a new Glock 48 to test them out. I brought my G43 along, and also mocked up a G43X by putting my 43 slide on my 48 frame. Pic of "G43X" and "G43L"..I found that I preferred the pointability of the shorter slide, and plan to carry this way most of the time. I plan to have my 48 slide milled for an optic so that I'll have something more akin to the G19 I've carried for several years with a red dot sight. Glock owes Shield an Edible Arrangement IMO. They single-handedly kept me in the Glock ecosystem by opening up something comparable to the 365 and other competitors.I figure that'll give me options depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing, and the smaller 43X might be fine for carrying during workouts and other use cases where I'd previously been limited to an LCP or G43. The difference in recoil is noticeable but negligible.The mags don't drop free without a downward movement to get them started. I've read that they can be wrapped in a layer of tape and the grip heated with a blowdryer to remedy this, and I'll probably give that a try.With a little more testing, I think I'll have a new carry gun (or two?) in the rotation.Also, while I don't see a use case for it the "43L" also ran fine! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Tz0Khw

No comments:

Post a Comment