Thursday, October 8, 2026

Recommendations for Self Defense Classes in LA

Hi all, I am an old man in the Midwest so these recommendations are not for me. They are for my daughter. She is a new college graduate and living on her own in the LA area. I have been thinking about purchasing her some self defense classes but this is an area where I know absolutely nothing. The last fight I was in was 50 years ago while in the 7th grade after a disco dance class at the local park district (flame away). It taught me one thing: that I am not a fighter.

Anyway, suggestions about the types of classes that would be best for a single, young woman on her own and, if allowed, recommendations to actual places in LA that would be good. I know LA is huge so think Playa Del Rey/Westchester areas (north of LAX).

If it matters, my daughter is on the smaller side (5'3ish) and not a particularly serious work out person so she has little to no experience with weight lifting and/or physical confrontations. She has never been in a physical fight in her life. She spends a lot of her time outside walking with her dog. Recently she had a "strange" interaction with a guy near a dog park and this is what triggered my interest in finding her some type of professional self defense training.

Thank you all for any advice!



Submitted October 8, 2026 at 12:44PM by Nika65 https://ift.tt/ofC4sPO

No comments:

Post a Comment