Monday, March 22, 2021

Use the ammopocalypse to improve your unarmed self defense


I am spending less time at the range due to ammo availability and price. That leaves me time for other pursuits. I was taking my son to his Kung fu lesson and noticed that the dojo offers “practical self defense for adults.” I did martial arts when I was younger and still hit the heavy bag for fun. So, I decided to give it a try. The class is great. Instead of super complicated moves that you will never recall under stress the instructor emphasizes basics and lots of repetition. I am a little sore from being repeatedly face planted into the mat but plan to go back every week. There are lots of times when I cannot legally carry a firearm but the ability to defend myself is still important. I am glad that the current ammo drought pushed me to do this. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3c9IPIP

No comments:

Post a Comment