Friday, March 19, 2021

PSA: Record yourself while dry firing


Record yourself while dryfiring and clearly see for yourself where you can improve and better yourself.I’ve unfortunately been very busy lately and with remote work have been staying home most days. This has led to me slacking on dry firing and ever so slightly increased my draw times. I had a pretty fast palms out to shot on target time of under one second and spent a whole day trying to regain it, but failed to.Set up my phone and recorded my movements and could clearly see I was taking my time clearing the garment and drawing. Resolved that and after meticulously practicing am back to my old times (and pushing them).Shot timers and tech like the Mantis X are great and all, but simply recording your movements allow you to self identify flaws and places for improvement that you would normally miss.I knew that observing and commenting on videos of others here was helping them, but I’m genuinely surprised how helpful it was to just watch myself.I intend on doing this more often and for other manipulations and movements (like reloads, transitions, etc.).As I’m sure there will be, please leave any more advice you have in the comments. With the weird times we’re in I know most of us can’t go to classes and formal trainings, especially our newer members. This is a great way to improve your skills and abilities at home/the range on your own. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3c0oWno

No comments:

Post a Comment