Wednesday, March 3, 2021

One year of CCW.


One year of CCWHello to the good people of Reddit, I know I am still fairly new to CCW, however I would still like to share my experiences with other like minded folks. Now let me preface this by saying, I am only 19 years old, I got my LTCH 13 Days after my 18th birthday in the mail, today’s the anniversary of that. Also on mobile so forgive formatting.My first few times carrying were interesting to say the least, I was carrying a Gen 4 Glock 19, that I inherited when my dad passed away. Of course in a crappy Blackhawk holster. With shooting experience but 0 carry experience. I felt like everyone was staring at me and was out to get me. I figured there would be cops waiting on me when I walked outside of the grocery store because someone thinks there’s a kid with a gun. I quickly learned this is a common feeling, and that I was just acting like a goofball because this was new to me. New people- if you’re reading this, not every person in public is looking at your gun, and very very very few are looking FOR it. Anyways the more I started going out and trying to train with the holster, the more I realized it was complete garbage. I then went online and was looking at holsters and I saw a TON of recommendations for alien gear, I bought a shapeshift 4.0 and while comfortable it was just way too bulky. Yes, I will admit I got sucked into the alien gear black hole. I finally found this sub and learned that appendix carry is a thing, I finally settled on a JX Tactical FG Holster and I used to EDC it for about 9 months. About 6 months into my adulthood was when I really got back into firearms so I started researching the glock 43x but I could not find one anywhere, eventually in December I was able to score one. My 43X I’ve had for 3 months and I’m on my third holster (by choice) I bought a cheap desantis holster when I bought the gun just to get used to the size and weight of the gun while I waited on my second JX Tactical Holster to come in. When my JX Tactical holster came in I gave my desantis away to someone who is trying to get their LTCH. My 43X has been my EDC for about a month now that I’m confident with it.Since I’ve been carrying nothing crazy has happened to me, I live in the rural Midwest so nothing really happens in my section of the county, I try to stay at home unless I’m going to hangout with my small group of friends or going to the grocery store and work just to limit my chances of something crazy happening, my job is already crazy enough the way it is. I’ve never had to draw, thankfully, never had any run ins with LEO other than work, and I’ve never felt endangered. Sometimes it’s nice to live a boring life.I’m at the 1 Year mark and I’ve gotten a few people to start carrying, recommending guns and going shooting with them. Spent way too much money on holsters, WAY WAY too much on ammo, but I’ve learned a lot and I’ve had a good ride so far. I just wanted to put my experience out there for all you folks just starting out -> 1 year. Thanks for reading. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3uRHaPm

No comments:

Post a Comment