Thursday, March 4, 2021

First gun, ccw/self defense/range, muzzle lift problem


Hey everybody...first time posting and soon to be a first time gun owner...I have been on family and friends land and have shot rifles and shotguns and have always been a decent shot but I went to a gun range for the first time the other day to test out a pistol or two that I was interested in...Out of the guns I'm looking at, I was only able to shoot the P365 XL and I quickly learned that shooting a pistol isn't at all like a rifle or shotgun...while shooting the 365 XL I was having trouble controlling the muzzle lift for follow up shots from 10-15m...I know that this is partially due to grip, form, and muscle memory but was still not a huge fan of the 365XL...I'm looking for a compact/smaller full size 9mm pistol with little muzzle lift for carrying and home defense purposes but also some range time in the future...I'm more keen towards striker fired as well..any suggestions are welcome but I'm looking towards a "budget" pistol and similar to the guns I'm looking at...sidenote I know people are going to tell me to try going to the range more but currently not a great option since the range with rentals runs me about $120-150 per visit and only get to try 1 maybe 2 pistols...I've learned that it's due to my grip and form and no gun is going to correct it without practice...however I need one to be able to practice with...Thanks in advance...Canik TP9DA, Canik TP9SF Elite Tungsten, Beretta APX/ Centurion, Beretta Px4 Storm Carry, Ruger American Compact, CZ P10C, S&W M2.0 4", SIG M18, FN 509 mid (probably price limit) via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/30aVP9Z

No comments:

Post a Comment