Saturday, September 21, 2019

Quick Review - Lenwood Spectre holster (with pics)


Picked up a new IWB holster the other day, and I'm kinda of digging it, so I figured I'd do a quick review.https://ift.tt/32T19yc, a week or so ago, u/zcandels97 asked about carrying options for professional attire, and this should be right up that alley.THis holster is tuckable.It seems ideal for dress slacks and a shirt and tie (or light tshirt and shorts in the summer, anything where you have minimal over cover) BLUF: I like it. It probably won't be replacing my Vedder LT as a daily carry, but when I dress lighter and need something less visible than the Vedder, this is going to be my low profile go-to. Someone posted this on gunaccessoriesforsale for $20, I figured, at that price, why the hell not? Gave it a try out of curiousity. I think list price on their site is more like $55 First take: Its a standard kydex IWB, well made, smooth edges, very good retention with a nice positive click. Gave it the upside down shake test with no issues. The profile is sort of a half cut. That means no sweat guard, so you'd probably want to wear an undershirt.More importantly, that means this thing is SUPER LOW VISIBILITY for a full kydex. I'll let the pictures explain the rest.Those pants are actually a little tighter than I'd like, they're a slim fit and I've put on some weight since I bought them, but I figured, even better, if I can conceal in those then none of you "I'm skinny and wear slim fits" folks should have any issues. The shirt is also a fitted cut, and single layer poplin fabric.The gun is a PPSm2 with the 6 round mag. When I do business stuff, I often do a shirt+tie+vest, so I threw on a vest over the shirt for a few pics just to show that looks like too, but basic answer, invisible. It's very concealed under just a dress shirt, its nothing under a vest. (which is worth noting, because the vests are so form fitting that unlike a suit jacket, vest still can require some play to get a ccw hidden well). TL;DR:The Spectre makes for a good kydex option for less forgiving clothes/business wear. It won't be replacing my Vedder, and I wouldn't necessarily buy it as my ONLY holster, but its definitely going to be my alternate for shirt and tie days. IF I was someone who wore slacks and dress shirts 5 days a week, I could see this being my main holster. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2NozrWB

No comments:

Post a Comment