Tuesday, September 17, 2019

MN Gun Law Experts


Edit for clarification: I’m not asking about carrying a gun at my home. I know I can do that. I’m asking about carrying a gun in my neighborhood which falls within a school zone.Due to weird zoning in my neighborhood, I live unusually close to a school which has made me hesitant to carry in my neighborhood. I’m not sure how/if the rules surrounding CCW supersede how MN defines a schools zone to how MN defines a school zone. MN law says CCWs may not carry in/on “a public or private elementary, middle, or secondary school building and its improved grounds, whether leased or owned by the school.” However, elsewhere in MN law, a school zone is defined as an area of 300 feet or 1 city block, whichever is larger. I’m not sure if the definition of school zone applies to the limitation for where carry is not allowed. The reason for my concern is that the entrance for my residence falls within the 300ft/1block radius.Does anybody have any recommendations for an attorney or expert in the laws surrounding CCW in MN? Maybe I am overthinking this but I just want to make sure I’m staying on the right side of the law. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ArW6Zn

No comments:

Post a Comment