Friday, September 13, 2019

Discussion concerning an event that happened to my friend last week.


So this event occurred in Nashville, which is becoming more and more violent as the years go on. In any case, he and his girlfriend were on a pretty popular street in the city, and were leaving dinner to head back to their car. Apparently, my buddy’s gf noticed that it looked like someone was in the back of their car, in all black, shuffling all around. This man had no idea they were standing right there. So basically, my friend and his gf both slowly backed up, and moved across the street in front of a restaurant. They then proceeded to press the remote car alarm and they guy took off empty handed.Now the question. My buddy knows I carry, and told me he wished I coulda been there to hold the guy at gun point until police arrived. But seeing as tho he wasn’t actually threatening bodily harm, would that be illegal detainment? The more I think about the situation, the more I’m not sure a firearm could’ve been used at all, unless the man started attacking with some sort of weapon himself. Let me know your thoughts below. Thanks!Edit: I should add that he had smashed the back window out to obtain entrance to the vehicle. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZYJhEZ

No comments:

Post a Comment