Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Questions/concerns on the Springfield Hellcat


I recently bought a Springfield Hellcat to pair with my recently acquired CCW.This is my first concealed carry gun, and I am still a ‘new’ shooter. My parents aren’t big fans of guns, so I didn’t grow up around pistols very much until I moved out and bought my first pistol just over a year ago. I have shot about 200 rounds through my Hellcat, and I don’t feel comfortable carrying it yet due to some questions/concerns that I been able to discuss with anyone.Also due to the length of my fingers, my trigger pull is wonky as my finger almost needs to move sideways in addition to moving back. I have worked on it and I will continue to work on it but it can, about 1 in 20, in a worst-case scenario where I have to draw quickly cause the trigger to bind up due to putting pressure on the trigger before the trigger safety blade. Would an aftermarket trigger help reduce this issue? Is the length of pull just too short for me??Also due to the length of my fingers my trigger pull is wonky as my finger almost needs to move sideways in addition to moving back. I have worked on it and I will continue to work on it but it can, about 1 in 20, in a worst case scenario where I have to draw quickly cause the trigger to bind up due to putting pressure on the trigger before the trigger safety blade. Would an aftermarket trigger help reduce this issue? Is the length of pull just too short for me?Lastly, when racking the slide to chamber a round, the extractor sometimes will not hook around the lip of the round so it will not fully close. Is that a common problem? Is there an easy fix? Will it get better as I put more rounds through it?Note: This only happens when racking the slide by hand and the slide is not slammed forward.The ‘1.5 stack’ market just got some additional players this week, should I switch to a different platform? If so, what would y’all recommend?TL;DR: I have long fingers and I feel that the length of pull on the Hellcat may be short for me. I have also had problems with chambering a round/the extractor. Any easy fixes? Should I change guns? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3rWVHao

No comments:

Post a Comment