Saturday, September 14, 2019

How should I practice for barrel obstructions?


Hello everyone. I encountered a situation today at the range and wanted to get some opinions. I have a glock 23 and an MP Shield (9mm). I typically carry the shield because of its smaller profile when I am out (San Antonio). Today at the range I was shooting fmj factory rounds and had a casing chip apart inside the barrel. I'm assuming there was a little to much powder in it causing pieces of brass to be left in the barrel. At this point the gun would seem to feed correctly but the slide did not go forward all the way. I took it apart and saw the brass sitting in there and used a rod/patch to removed it. No more issues in the next 150 rounds through it.I normally carry with Hornady critical defense 115gr and have never had an issue with them (approx 300 rounds shot through it to see how it did before carrying them). Classes and all of my training ( in military and private courses) rarely teach immediate action drills for ammo malfunctions causing barrel obstructions. What would you suggest to train/prepare for this scenario? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2O0UL3S

No comments:

Post a Comment