Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Does a fully covering holster that’s exposed count as CCW?


I just bought my first 1911, and for fun a buddy and I were looking at the old WW2 era leather Army belt holsters with a flap that covers the grip. My buddy joked that I should get one for concealed carry since one with a large enough flap would technically “conceal” the entire firearm. This made me think, although I’d never actually use this in that application, I can’t help but wonder hypothetically how the law would handle someone carrying like this in a non open carry state like mine (FL). Could you carry something like this that most people could clearly identify as a “holster” but would otherwise be unable to claim there’s a firearm being carried? As far as I’m aware the law only requires the firearm to be concealed, not the holster. Would it not be similar to carrying a pistol in a bag or fanny pack? Let me know what you think, we’ve been having some fun debating the situation. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31xp4CV

No comments:

Post a Comment