Saturday, September 3, 2022

Red dots in hot climates?


So I cannot make up my mind on whether I want a red dot on my carry gun(s) or not. I do not question their clear performance advantages over iron sights. I also know that these days their reliability is pretty ironclad as far as electronics failures go. The only factor that gives me pause on installing an optic on my carry gun is fogging.I live in Florida where it's basically always hot and humid. I'm afraid of moving from an air conditioned environment to the outdoors (or vice versa) and having my optic fog up (much like sunglasses do) and not finding out until I have to use it and it's potentially "too late". It's not like I can pull the gun out and check it really quick or give the optic a quick wipe.So, does anyone else here have issues with their optics fogging in this scenario? Have you found any remedies for it? Am I fixating too much on what's possibly a non issue? For the record, I'm looking at closed emitter optics. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/DzIH4jQ

No comments:

Post a Comment